Nothing says breakfast like warm, buttery pancakes and a cold chocolate milk.
So why not combine them?
Our contributing author and amateur chef Sam Okrasinski discovered this gem while experimenting in the Slate test kitchen.
So without further ado, we present:
🥞 THE SLATE PERFECT PANCAKE RECIPE 🥞
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1.5 cups Slate Milk (Classic Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, or both!)
2 tbsp melted and cooled butter
1. Preheat griddle or skillet to medium low heat.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix 2 beaten eggs into milk and add melted butter.
4. Mix dry and wet ingredients together. Add a splash of milk if the batter seems thick.
5. Add butter to pan. When butter starts foaming, add a 1/4 cup of batter (more or less depending on what size you want!)
6. Flip pancake when bubbles rise to surface, about 3-4 minutes. Cook until other side is slightly brown.
And the rest, as they say, is pancakes.
Try this at home and tag us @slatemilk so we can see what you come up with :)
The Slate Milk Squad