You just finished a workout.
YOU did that. You.
Now you need some protein to repair those muscles. But you’re tired of the same flavorless powders in water. Dry, chalky bars. Gulping down shakes just to get the nutritionals, while sacrificing taste and enjoyment.
Not anymore. NOT. ANYMORE.
You deserve a chocolatey, satisfying, smile-inducing drink to reward your hard work.
That’s where we come in.
We’ve got a healthy protein shake recipe for ya that not only packs protein & electrolytes to build muscle, but is absolutely delicious. You call it a protein shake. We call it a healthy snack. Or a healthy dessert. Or… just something that makes you feel good :).
Because you should never force yourself to eat or drink a post workout treat you don’t like. There are way too many great, healthy protein options out there.
Your journey to indulgent, healthy protein shakes starts here.
Courtesy of @pursuegoodfood
- 10 ice cubes
- 1 heaping scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 can of Slate Chocolate Milk (Espresso if you need a caffeine boost as well)
- ½ cup of yogurt (we prefer lactose free)
- Milk chocolate chunks
- Mini marshmallows
- Honey graham crackers
- Chocolate syrup
- Blend ingredients together.
- OPTIONAL: Roll your cup or jar in graham crackers.
- Fill your cup or jar with your healthy protein shake.
- OPTIONAL: Top with marshmallows and chocolate chunks.
- Sip and smile.
Chocolate protein shakes, vanilla protein shakes, coffee protein shakes, whatever you crave, it’s out there, and it can be unbelievably tasty, AND healthy.
The Slate Milk Squad