Is there anything better than warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven banana bread?
Yes. The answer is warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven banana bread that is:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Less Sugar
- More Protein
- SOFT, CRUNCHY, AND DELICIOUS
Our healthier banana bread recipe is fluffy, chocolatey, banana-y, with just the right amount of sweet.
Honestly... it's the banana bread we all need during the Great Quarantine Bake Off. Make it for your family, your friends, or just yourself...⠀⠀
OK - here it is:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Nutty Dark Chocolate Milk Banana Bread (GF) courtesy of @avacadoeatsINGREDIENTS
- 1 cup almond flour ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 cup GF flour ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1.5 t baking powder ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- .5 t baking soda ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 t vanilla ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 mashed banana ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 egg ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 cup Slate Dark Chocolate Milk
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash banana in a bowl, add egg, vanilla, and chocolate milk, and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry to wet, slowly mixing until completely combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan and top with golden roasted cashews and dark chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- EAT IT!
Healthier banana bread is the perfect warm treat on a cold Winter day. It's simple, shareable, and satisfying.
You can also watch it rise in the oven which I don't know about you but is SO much fun to see.
Anyway, if you're looking for a gluten free, lactose free banana bread that tastes amazing, give ours a try.
Cheers to being a little bit healthier,
The Slate Milk Squad