5 Easy Outdoor Workouts
Looking for ways to get outside and workout? We’ve got you covered! In this article, we’ll hook you up with some great options for all types of exercises you can do outside, anywhere.
Things to Remember
First and foremost, make sure it’s an outdoor workout that you’re comfortable doing.
In the same vein, don't try to do too much too soon! Start slowly and gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts as you get stronger.
And of course, stay hydrated, wear sunscreen, and remember to refuel with a high protein post workout drink (we recommend Slate, obviously).
OK - here are 5 outdoor workouts you can get started with today!
5 Easy Outdoor Workouts
- Walking: Walking is a great way to get your blood pumping and get your cardio in. It’s low-impact, easy on your joints, and can be done anytime, anywhere. Speed up your pace to get your heart rate up, or take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery. Up to you!
- Biking: Biking is another great low-impact workout (depending on your intensity level). Bike on paved roads around town or hit the dirt trails and explore the wilderness. Biking is an aerobic activity, meaning your heart, blood vessels and lungs all get a workout!
- Swimming: You WILL need a pool for this one, but hey, what are your friends in town for? Swimming is an awesome way to get a full-body workout in. It’s low-impact, refreshing, and depending on your strategy it can engage core, arms, legs, you name it!
- Yoga: Yoga is an EXTREMELY flexible activity. Pun intended. It’s a very effective way to improve your strength, balance, and even relax your mind. There are many different types of yoga, so find one that’s right for you and crush it!
- Hiking: Hiking is THE ultimate outdoor workout. Take yourself, a pet, a friend, and hit the trails! Different trails will vary in difficulty, so remember to pick one that’s realistic, while still challenging yourself and striving to hit your fitness goals.
Fueling Back Up with Slate
There you have it, 5 easy outdoor workouts you can do… right now!
And as always, it’s important to refuel your body with healthy foods and drinks after ANY workout. Slate is a great option for delicious, refreshing, post-workout fuel. It’s high in protein, helping your body rebuild muscle tissue after you crush your next outdoor workout.
The Slate Milk Squad